Saturday, February 26, 2011

Southern Jaunt VI - Penong's Barbecue Seafoods and Grill

When we first went Davao City more than 2 years ago, I remember that Penong's was the first place we went to for a meal. If my memory serves me right, we dined at the branch in Ilustre St., near the Davao People's Park. We were really impressed by the food that they served. One thing that I cannot forget though is that we then wanted to eat "Bihod" or tuna roe, but since we said "itlog ng tuna" when we ordered, what they served us was "Bagaybay" or the balls of male tuna. Harharhar....nonetheless, it still was very delicious. So we really made it a point to go back to Penong's now that we are again visiting Davao City.


Knowing fully well how delicious and affordable the dishes served at Penong's are, it did not surprise me to see that they now have a number of new branches throughout Davao City. Business is booming so to speak.








This time, we dined at a branch located almost opposite the NCCC Mall. Nonetheless, nothing has changed. Their chicken is still the same old scrumptious meal that I remember, mouth-watering and downright one of the best chickens I've ever tasted. Of course, their chicken inasal still comes with eat-all-you-can rice. This has been a trademark of Penong's even before other more commercial brands came up with their own.



What surprised me is that they are now serving burgers aside from their usual inasal and seafoods specialties. Maybe I just failed to notice it the first time that we ate at Penong's. I was not able to try the burgers though since Hunny forgot to order me one, maybe next time.







WOW...burger for P28.00!



Penong's claim as the No. 1 barbecue house in Davao is not just a lame claim. People really flock to Penong's especially during meal hours. So if you want to get a taste of the soft, tasteful and affordable chicken inasal, among other things, make sure that you eat at Penong's.



I really am hopeful that Penong's will finally reach Manila in the near future. We simply love the food.





"Chicken Inasal"



Pecho for me



Perennial Award-Winner


Ken...waited for us there.









4 comments:

  1. Merun na po branch sa Manila, sa may Legarda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks....my wife and I already went there for lunch last weekend. Hopefully mas dumami pa branches nila...panalo talaga! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Masarap ba talaga pagkain dyan?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Masarap sya talaga...subukan mo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...