Sunday, September 19, 2010

Bohol - Cebu - Cagayan de Oro


As our second exploring-the-unexplored trip for the year, we went down South last August 21-24 to Cagayan de Oro City, popularly known as the “City of Golden Friendship”, had a side-trip to Bukidnon, and dawdled on to Camiguin, the “Island Born of Fire”.

Italic
However, I still had to attend the Annual Executive Conference of our Firm at the Bohol Beach Club (BBC) in Panglao Island. I was therefore forced to do without my prepaid airfare back to Manila just to save at least the afternoon of our first day in CDO. I had to take the earliest fastcraft (Ocean Jet) from Tagbilaran City to Cebu City, where I will take a connecting flight to CDO.




The Chocolate Hills from way up there


The bridge linking Panglao Island to the main island of Bohol


Siquijor as seen from BBC


High Tide

Anyway, BBC for me still has one of the best beaches in the World. Though it was already my second time at BBC, I was still awed by the beauty of the place. We all had the time to enjoy its beauty on the second day of our stay during our team building session.




Our Castaway Raft...."Go Green Team!!!"



Camiguin is visible in Panglao on a clear day....just can't wait...:)
Pamilacan Island on the right.

Balicasag Island...famous for Dolphin Watching and Scuba Diving


In the evening, we were serenated by the famous Loboc Children's Choir. These children really sing like angels. I just love their rendition of the song "I Will Follow You" made famous in the movie Sister Act.


The Loboc Children's Choir

Our third day in Bohol is supposed to be spent for the countryside tour of Bohol, but since I had a previously scheduled vacation in CDO, I had to eat breakfast at the Agotata Restaurant of BBC at 5:30am. The bacon was so good, so my planned five-minute meal hit a snag as I went to dig in some more…hahaha. Good thing, the shuttle service still had to pick-up someone at the other side of the resort so I still was on time.

I just found it amusing that after a year since we first toured Bohol, I am again at the Port of Tagbilaran. Students who were at the time having their educational trip to Cebu occupied the entire business class, meaning, I therefore had to endure the cramped seat of the “open-air” class, which turned out to be a blessing as I was able to see the sights for a cheaper price and the area is not that hot after all due to the sea breeze.

We arrived at the Pier 1 of Cebu City at around 8:30am. At this time, my Hunny and our friend Sagcal just arrived in CDO. So they will have to wait for me for three (3) hours more or less. I was surprised to see Fort San Pedro at a distance. After taking some pictures, I decided to while away time and visit the Basilica Minore of the Sto. Niño de Cebu.


Spanish Conquistador Miguel Lopez de Legazpi


The First Fortress made by the Spaniards here in the Philippines



Historical accounts tell us that the Sto. Niño de Cebu is the very same image of the young Jesus Christ given by Ferdinand Magellan to the Queen of Cebu almost 500 years ago. This was later on rediscovered by the men of Miguel Lopez de Legazpi when they arrived to colonize the Philippines 40 years later.

After a brief prayer, I went to Magellan’s Cross on the other side of the Basilica. Looking like a backpacker, I may have looked a trustworthy man as three Korean tourists requested me to take their pictures, to which I immediately obliged.


Magellan's Cross

I then hailed a cab, at first, asking the driver to drop me at CNT Lechon near SM City Cebu. I thought of bringing it as pasalubong for my Hunny. However, when I estimated that I only have little time left to check-in, I told the driver to proceed to the airport.


Marcelo Fernan Bridge

Not our plane...PAL to Manila

Here are some of the beautiful islands that I've taken a picture of as we head on our way to CDO.

Olango Island? Maybe...

1 comment:

  1. Great shots. Thanks for sharing. I hope i can visit Bohol someday, because they said that there are lots of cool places to go with.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...